Adding disks allready with data

Camagur

Oct 3, 2019
Hello community!

I'm having trouble to understand the concept of adding disks allready with data!
so the question is if for some reason it is necessary to reinstall proxmox, how do you add disks that already contain data without having to format?

Thanks

What is your use case where you want to access this data?

Depending on that the steps needed might be quite different.

ok! I usually install the proxmox on a 120gb SSD disk, then I have 2x500gb HDDs for ISOs and VMs and these are two disks I want to add without having to format.

Yes, the disks are from a previous installation.
but what I have in mind is to install everything as i want and make the changes/settings i want, then make an image with clonezilla and if anything happens just put the image back and add the disks with the data without formatting them!
is this possible? or is this the wrong way to do proxmox backups?

Thanks

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!