Adding Disclaimers

JohnKyrle

Mar 5, 2007
I have added a disclaimer to all out going emails and this is working fine however is there a way to format the disclaimer??

Currently the disclaimer is added to the email as below

Code:
Think before you print - only print this email if absolutely necessary.
This message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is non-public, proprietary, privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law or may constitute as attorney work product. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, notify us immediately by telephone and (i) destroy this message if a facsimile or (ii) delete this message immediately if this is an electronic communication.This email and any attachments are believed to be free from viruses but it is your responsibility to carry out all necessary virus checks, The John Kyrle High School (JKHS) nor Herefordshire County Council (HCC) accepts no liability in connection therewith.The opinions expressed within this email communication are that of the author and not that of The John Kyrle High School or Herefordshire County Council.

but it would be nice if it looked like this:

Code:

This message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is non-public, proprietary, privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law or may constitute as attorney work product. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, notify us immediately by telephone and (i) destroy this message if a facsimile or (ii) delete this message immediately if this is an electronic communication.

This email and any attachments are believed to be free from viruses but it is your responsibility to carry out all necessary virus checks, The John Kyrle High School (JKHS) nor Herefordshire County Council (HCC) accepts no liability in connection therewith.

The opinions expressed within this email communication are that of the author and not that of The John Kyrle High School or Herefordshire County Council.

Within the proxmox GUi it is formated as below but it looks like all carriage returns are stripped out when added to emails.

Regards,

Ozan Pakyuz
John Kyrle High School

I have added a disclaimer to all out going emails and this is working fine however is there a way to format the disclaimer??

Currently the disclaimer is added to the email as below

Code:
This message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is non-public, proprietary, privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law or may constitute as attorney work product. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, notify us immediately by telephone and (i) destroy this message if a facsimile or (ii) delete this message immediately if this is an electronic communication.This email and any attachments are believed to be free from viruses but it is your responsibility to carry out all necessary virus checks, The John Kyrle High School (JKHS) nor Herefordshire County Council (HCC) accepts no liability in connection therewith.The opinions expressed within this email communication are that of the author and not that of The John Kyrle High School or Herefordshire County Council.
but it would be nice if it looked like this:

Code:

This message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is non-public, proprietary, privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law or may constitute as attorney work product. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, notify us immediately by telephone and (i) destroy this message if a facsimile or (ii) delete this message immediately if this is an electronic communication.

This email and any attachments are believed to be free from viruses but it is your responsibility to carry out all necessary virus checks, The John Kyrle High School (JKHS) nor Herefordshire County Council (HCC) accepts no liability in connection therewith.

The opinions expressed within this email communication are that of the author and not that of The John Kyrle High School or Herefordshire County Council.
Within the proxmox GUi it is formated as below but it looks like all carriage returns are stripped out when added to emails.

Regards,

Ozan Pakyuz
John Kyrle High School

Hi Ozan,

You can use html code in the field, please use an external html editor to format your text, eg. Nvu

thanks tom and dietmar for the response.

I'll have a play as I think yes this would work ok for rich text and html formatted emails but not for text based emails.

I will do some testing and let you know how it goes.

regards,

Ozan Pakyuz
John Kyrle High School

We try to convert html disclaimers automatically to normal text. So using <br> tags is perfectly valid (automatically replaced by line feed). Just try.

- Dietmar

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!