Adding Cluster support on production system

mylesw

Renowned Member
Feb 10, 2011
I have a PM 1.8 server that runs great. I have just moved a 2nd PM 1.8 box into our data center so that I can do migrations between both PM servers using the clustering functionality.

In researching this, I read that there are issues with adding a child server to a master for clustering, but my question is whether there is any danger of losing VMs on a Master PM server if I add clustering to it? I'm not worried about the child/slave server because there is nothing on that yet. But I don't want to disturb the master server if I create a cluster and make it the master server in that cluster.

Is there any danger of losing all the VMs on the master server if I add clustering support to it?

Thanks
Myles

no.

Thank you. That's great news. Of course I'll backup them the VMs first :)

Is it still the case with PM 1.8 that the VMs on the slave server will be deleted when the slave PM 1.8 server is added to the cluster though?

Myles

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!