Adding another Hard drive

ixnet

Jan 23, 2012
Have a small question. i just reinstalled proxmox 2.0 on a 1TB hard drive but i have a 1.5 TB hard drive on this server too. i want add it to courent store. i dont want to expand my 1 TB i want another storage like of 1.5 TB (like c: and d: on windows)

Short story: i will install windows home server on my 1 TB hardrive with kvm, i will use min requirement to install it. i will install os on 1TB hd but i want to use the complete 1.5 TB hd for data (i will add another HD to whs KVM

But if my proxmox hd fail i still want to be able to read data on 1.5 TB on pluging it on another pc.

Any way to do this ?

sorry for my bad english :)

Hi,
you have two choices:
First use an filesystem (like ext3/ext4) on the disk, mount the disk (fstab) und define this directory in the storage-menu of pve.
Or create an volumegroup (lvm) on the disk (partition), and define this VG in the storage-menu.

There are a lot of posting about both things in the forum.

Udo

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!