adding another hard drive.

WuW

I have a 7TB system it has three 2TB hard drives and one 1TB drive. I am having a hard time having ProxMox show the drives there and I would like to be able to install VMs on them and store ISOs. Right now I am in the middle up upgrading ProxMox.

You'll need to mount the storage or create an LVM group on the storage.

If you've mounted the storage, click the datacenter folder and select the storage tab, then click the add drop-down and select directory. You can select what you want to store in the drive (content). If you have multiple servers you'll want to select what server the storage is mounted on and make sure that Shared isn't selected.

If you've made some LVM groups from the same add drop-down select LVM group and choose your LVM group name from the Volume Group down-down. Same as above if you have multiple servers. You can only store VM images on LVM though, so if you want general storage choose the directory option.

--

If you're new to linux, or have never had to setup a server and need help mounting the drives, open a shell on the system install lshw:
apt-get install lshw

Then run the following command and report back with the output:
lshw -class disk

The output of the command will look similar to this:
Code:
 *-disk       description: SCSI Disk
       product: ServeRAID M5110
       vendor: IBM
       physical id: 2.0.0
       bus info: scsi@0:2.0.0
       logical name: /dev/sda
       version: 3.19
       serial: 00a5b0cc0ea1f40819e02b7605b00506
       size: 1860GiB (1997GB)
       capabilities: gpt-1.00 partitioned partitioned:gpt
       configuration: ansiversion=5 guid=12c30f17-3ca5-4c22-83cc-6a397273a36e

Once we have that output we can setup the mount points for the drive(s).

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!