Adding a secondary NIC for VMs/Containers

louisthejet

Sep 14, 2019
For Proxmox PVE 6, does anyone have a screen shot illustration of how to use the GUI to add in a new NIC, then create a Linux Bond, and lastly a bridge, so that I can dedicate this new bridge for the VM+Container? I am not familiar with Debian command lines. Searched everywhere include Youtube, but non of the guides were detailed enough, all of them led me to cause losing connection to the Management GUI. Wish the PVE Admin Guide has a better illustration to accomplish this command and important task!

For Proxmox PVE 6, does anyone have a screen shot illustration of how to use the GUI to add in a new NIC, then create a Linux Bond, and lastly a bridge, so that I can dedicate this new bridge for the VM+Container? I am not familiar with Debian command lines. Searched everywhere include Youtube, but non of the guides were detailed enough, all of them led me to cause losing connection to the Management GUI. Wish the PVE Admin Guide has a better illustration to accomplish this command and important task!

A new respectively not yet configured NIC will automatically appear in WEB-GUI. Configuration has to be made as you mentioned above: create first a Linux bond by "System" -> "Network" -> "Create" -> "Linux Bond" and afterwards a new bridge by "System" -> "Network" -> "Create" -> "Linux Bridge" and add the previously created bond to it. The requested paramters has to be written into self-explaining appearing boxes.

Never mind when you are unsure: the configuration will be put into effect after the next reboot only. You can revert (and delete the pending changes) to current configuration before reboot at any time by "Revert" button.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!