Adding a HDD with data to proxmox

Can you please not send screenshots, they're too hard to read. Please do a copy from your terminal window and paste as a CODE-segment into the reply…

Why did you put an # in front of that line, this basically disables that one. Remove the # and that should do it.

Why did you put an # in front of that line, this basically disables that one. Remove the # and that should do it.
i placed the # because the system would boot into recovery mode. Just wanted to show what i had written, i know the # disables

That's why I suggested to try that first using umount/mount to see whether the enry in fstab is correct. You can also change the entry to look like this:

Code:
/dev/sdb1    /mnt/sdb                   ext4    defaults        0 0

But you should in any case test that before rebooting…

• adjust /etc/fstab
  • umount /mnt/sdb
  • check that the volume has been unmounted
  • mount /mnt/sdb
  • again check that the volume has mounted successfully

Reactions: PeterMarcusH.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!