Add second network card/config

ziggybuster

Dec 22, 2012
Well fist let me say a big hi to the board, im he

Untill recently i was using OVH i have now moved to Redstation. In the land of OVH/Kimsufi where the management console has so many more gui features and the ripe blocking allocation is easily config'd all was rosey for about the last 2 years, untill recently where at times network performance is awful, i put it down to massive seeders with cheap dedicated access.. but they claim otherwise... anyhow i decided id try elsewhere as have been looking at Redstation..

I have no gotten as far as using the first allocated ip block in the 176 range i have proxmox install on the first ip and 3 centos containers running and function as they should, i have decided to add another block of ips now i cant for life of me work out the set up in networking,

rth0 is configured vmbr0

i have tried many different guides on the net over the last 2 days and keep getting no where fast would some ind solu point me in the correct fdirection of a working guide i could follw, i can use nano ect...

thanks

Well fist let me say a big hi to the board, im he

Untill recently i was using OVH i have now moved to Redstation. In the land of OVH/Kimsufi where the management console has so many more gui features and the ripe blocking allocation is easily config'd all was rosey for about the last 2 years, untill recently where at times network performance is awful, i put it down to massive seeders with cheap dedicated access.. but they claim otherwise... anyhow i decided id try elsewhere as have been looking at Redstation..

I have no gotten as far as using the first allocated ip block in the 176 range i have proxmox install on the first ip and 3 centos containers running and function as they should, i have decided to add another block of ips now i cant for life of me work out the set up in networking,

rth0 is configured vmbr0

i have tried many different guides on the net over the last 2 days and keep getting no where fast would some ind solu point me in the correct fdirection of a working guide i could follw, i can use nano ect...

thanks
Hi,
normaly hoster don't use the "clean" way with anothe NIC or vlan-tagging for another Network (to much overhead).
So, you must ask your hoster, how to use the new block - perhaps simply use vmbr0 with the "new" network-settings?
Or you must use the same Mac-Adresses? Then you must use an iptable rule...
Search the forum for hetzner, there are some examples.

Udo

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!