Add Quorum to server

finlaydag33k

Apr 16, 2015
Hii Guys,
I reinstalled my server after 2 of my 3 servers died.
To not get the same situation again, I have put 1 server (which does the most important stuff anyways) on a redundant setup, unfortunately, I don't have the money to make all of them redundant.
how do I add more quorum (or votes) to that 1 redundant server in case the other 2 servers die again?

All 3 of your servers should be in one Proxmox Cluster. That makes all 3 of them redundant. Each node only gets one vote, and a quorum is established with 2 or more active members. There is no reason to give one server more votes than the others, just make a HA group to make sure the VMs are restarted on the primary server.

But you will need Ceph or shared storage, otherwise when the servers die the disk images die with them.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!