[SOLVED] Add listening on IPV6 on Proxmoxhost - is this posible?

If your $hostname prefers IPv6 or resolves only to IPv6 then it'll be listening on IPv6. If ipv6 is being used and the net.ipv6.bindv6only sysctl is 0 (which is the default) then it'll be available via both ipv4 and ipv6.
In other words: To listen on IPv6 either
-) put only your IPv6 address for your hostname in /etc/hosts
or
-) put a higher precedence on your IPv6 address locally by adding it as a precedence entry to /etc/gai.conf with a value higher than whatever range entry covers your IPv4 address.

Is this still the case? I'm not exactly sure what is the /etc/gai.conf file and my hosts looks likes this:
Code:
127.0.0.1       localhost.localdomain   localhost
123.123.123.123      pve.XXXX.XXXX       pve

# The following lines are desirable for IPv6 capable hosts

::1     ip6-localhost   ip6-loopback
fe00::0 ip6-localnet
ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
ff02::3 ip6-allhosts
1231:1231:1231:1231::1  pve.XXXX.XXXX       pve

EDIT: Worth mentioning that I'm posting because I can't get IPv6 on the gui for some reason. My server does have IPv6 connectivity, same goes for containers and VM's.

If IPv6 addresses are specified in /etc/hosts, spiceproxy listens on the IPv6 addresses only. It does not listen on IPv4 even if the IPv4 address is specified in /etc/hosts. This is the output of "netstat -ntlp | grep 3128" with IPv6 entries present in /etc/hosts:

Code:
tcp6       0      0 :::3128                 :::*                    LISTEN      29052/spiceproxy

When the IPv6 entries are commented out in /etc/hosts, spiceproxy listens on IPv4 only:

Code:
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:3128            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      32082/spiceproxy

I think spiceproxy is supposed to be listening on both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses when they are both specified in /etc/hosts, isn't it? Is there a way to tell spiceproxy to listen on both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses?

My PVE host is:
Code:
Kernel Version: Linux 5.4.106-1-pve #1 SMP PVE 5.4.106-1 (Fri, 19 Mar 2021 11:08:47 +0100)
PVE Manager Version: pve-manager/6.3-6/2184247e

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!