Add language

stabak

Feb 18, 2022
Hello everyone,
I made a rough translation to my native language and wanted to test the translation locally but it doesn't show in drop down menu.
I followed instructions https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Translations
How can I see translation on my test environment before I send it you?

Thanks.
Bye

Hello,

Thanks for your interest in adding another translation for Proxmox projects.

To make a language show up on the web UI you would need to add it to the language_map which is located in the Utils.js file of the proxmox-widget-toolkit repo.

For a quick test you can just edit the installed /usr/share/javascript/proxmox-widget-toolkit/proxmoxlib.js on a Proxmox VE host, copy an existing line for a language and replace it with yours, using the ISO 639-1 code for the language, the language in native tongue and once in English under gettext (so that it can be translated).

Hi,
It showed up after editing proxmoxlib.js like you wrote.
Thanks.
I will make more improvements before sending.
Bye

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!