ACPI BIOS Error

Maldred

Oct 15, 2019
Having some issues installing ProxMox, hoping some one has some knowledge on this!

I've tried creating a bootable USB with ProxMox 6.0 ISO using, Rufus (DD Mode), Etcher and OSForensics. Even went out, bought a new USB and still getting the same issue; was thinking that maybe it has something to do with a BIOS setting, but I can't seem to find anything that works. I've left it here for 20 minutes and just hangs here the entire time.

Is anyone familiar with this error message and have a possible solution to it?

System Specs:
2x Xeon X5660
120GB SSD
20GB RAM

20191014_201122.jpg

Hi,

is this happen if you install it in UEFI mode or in Bios mode?
Please try both modes.

Hi,

is this happen if you install it in UEFI mode or in Bios mode?
Please try both modes.

It worked with UEFI, however now I'm running into another issue!

I left IP address on default and when I go to the specified IP address it's not loading the webpage; additionally the IP address the machine was given is not even showing up on my router interface. Any ideas?

Is the default IP of Proxmox VE host in your routers subnet?
If not change it in these two files.
/etc/network/interfaces
/etc/hosts

then restart the host

Is the default IP of Proxmox VE host in your routers subnet?
If not change it in these two files.
/etc/network/interfaces
/etc/hosts

then restart the host

It's not in there no, how can I edit those files to change it?

EDIT: I was not able to initially go to the webpage to create a pve login at all.

You have to change the interface on the Terminal direct.
If the network is incorrectly configured the WebGUI and ssh can't work.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!