[SOLVED] "ACPI BIOS Error (bug)..." after motherboard replacement (dell optiplex 3080)

jpdm

Aug 14, 2022
My dell optiplex 3080 motherboard died and got it replaced (from official dell support). Now, proxmox will not boot.

More info: This host boots on a 256GB nvme m.2. Has zfs setup on a samsung 500GB ssd. It is using a usb to LAN adapter instead of the built-in LAN port due to some bandwidth issues with the realtek driver when using wireguard. No other hardware was replaced, just the motherboard. I've also tried flashing the latest BIOS but that didn't fix it.

Screenshots:

20221114_132502.jpg

20221114_132618.jpg

Please help. Thanks in advance.

Update the BIOS (since ACPI tables and settings come from the BIOS) and/or contact Dell support?
I've already updated the BIOS, and as I mentioned above, didn't fix it. Just to add that it was working before. I'm wondering if there are any BIOS setting that is needed (it could've been reset since the board is now new/replacement).

Updating this for those who might encounter this isssue:

Fixed by changing SATA Operation mode to AHCI in BIOS settings (it was set to RAID by default on the replacement motherboard).

I then encountered zfs-import error which is fixed by:

Code:
systemctl disable zfs-import-cache.service
Code:
systemctl enable zfs-import@<YOUR POOLNAME>

You can check the value for <YOUR POOLNAME> by:

Code:
systemctl | grep zfs-import

After rebooting, my PVE host is now back to normal (at least that's what it looks like as of this writing )

I was about to do a reinstall and restore of all the VMs/containers...whew!

Reactions: leesteken

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!