Accidentally broke the cluster by issuing the pvecm e 1 command. Is there any possibly way to restore the cluster if the corosync.conf files exist?

Nov 23, 2019
Issue: Accidentally broke the cluster by issuing the pvecm e 1 command. Is there any possible way to restore the cluster if the corosync.conf files exist?

Description: My company moved offices and we set our proxmox cluster on new ip addresses. After correcting the addresses and DNS we found that we were able to access the master node but none of the other nodes came up in the web UI. Upon seeing this we noticed that we potentially needed to update the corosync.conf file but couldn't as the file was all other contents in the /etc/pve directory were in read only mode. Me being a bonehead ran the command "pvecm e 1" on one of the nodes in the cluster and then thinking it had resolved my issue on that node ran it on the master node. Now my cluster seems to be in a split brain state or potentially another state I am not sure about. Fortunately even after running the command "pvecm e 1" we were still able to find the corosync.conf file that shows all the nodes in the cluster.

Question: Is there any way after doing what I did above to restore the cluster to its original state since we have the corosync.conf files still laying around? Or will this be a total redeploy?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!