Accessing TrueNAS storage from Proxmox

biskero

Feb 4, 2023
Hello,

I have an external hdd which contains data from a macOS machine that I want to store on the TrueNAS storage that I have via Proxmox.
I can mount the external hdd with the macOS data (sdb) but I cannot figure out how I can mount the TrueNAS storage that I share with SMB.
The TrueNAS storage is on a ZFS data pool drive (sda). How can I mount this storage so that I can copy the data?

I already tried from my mac accessing the TrueNAS smb storage and copy the data but I got errors and took forever to do few gigs while I have several terabytes!

Any suggestions?
thx

how I can mount the TrueNAS storage that I share with SMB
You can google "smbclient examples" and map your share on the Hypervisor, then use "cp". Another helpful google search "mount smb share linux"

Or you can add SMB/CIFS storage type in PVE and it will be mounted in /mnt/pve/[storage], then use "cp".

Blockbridge : Ultra low latency all-NVME shared storage for Proxmox - https://www.blockbridge.com/proxmox

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!