Accessing the web interface with OPENVPN

primetecnologia

Feb 6, 2022
I need to access my PROXMOX web interface outside my internal network. I even created an LXC with an openvpn client running, communication was successfully established, however, I cannot access the internal network. I think some redirection from VPN tunnel to internal network is missing, but I don't know where to start.

I also wondered if it would be possible to make this VPN, outside the container?

1. pve has brought help to my life and work, in order to give back to the community, I would like to share with you a soft router made in China, similar to openwrt; but this soft router only has Chinese language, it can meet your requirements, and also used like this爱快软路由
2. In addition, I think you may need to remediate the relevant knowledge of openvpn
3. Integrate your openvpn server or client into soft routing, all the difficult access problems will be solved

Last edited:
I need to access my PROXMOX web interface outside my internal network. I even created an LXC with an openvpn client running, communication was successfully established, however, I cannot access the internal network. I think some redirection from VPN tunnel to internal network is missing, but I don't know where to start.

I also wondered if it would be possible to make this VPN, outside the container?

To solve the problem I simply installed openvpn on proxmox and configured the connection. I enabled ip forwarding following the link below:

https://openvpn.net/faq/what-is-and-how-do-i-enable-ip-forwarding-on-linux/

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!