Access Proxmox through openvpn

copymaster

Nov 25, 2009
Hi

I have a question regarding openvpn tunnels.
I use a firewall and from home i am able to connect via OpenVPN to my company. All connections are working fine, except the new proxmox 2.2.
When i try to access the webinterface (i put internal ip into addressbar), the site tells me that this is a unsecure ssl (firefox).
I accept that and the address changes to https://<ip-address>:8006 but then the connection brakes away.

I get no login or the main website presented.

Can someone please verify that?

The same happens, when i try to connect to the old proxmox cluster.

But i ab amble to use ssh, rdp and other webservers on the LAN via OpenVPN

I also use openvpn to connect to my proxmox cluster and I don't have a problem
works with chrome, firefox, safari

can you try to connect to https://<ip-address>:8006?

can you do a telnet from your openvpn client to
ip-address:8006 to see if you can open a tcp session?

Last edited by a moderator:
thats the problem: i can ping, connect via ssh and even telnet on port 8006 gets a connection, but when i do a "get" then, nothing happens...

thats the problem: i can ping, connect via ssh and even telnet on port 8006 gets a connection, but when i do a "get" then, nothing happens...

take a tcpdump on the proxmox to see what's going on

Already did that but the output of tcpdump shows no errors .
THe site is just not showing up.

THe crazy thing about that is, it worked a few weeks ago. Now that i installed a new cluster with 2.2, i needed to connect from home and realized the problem.
i have no idea how to resolv it.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!