Access Proxmox Backup Server Sync Jobs on Another Server in the Cluster

eugenevdm

Dec 13, 2020
My backup sync jobs are working 100% between two servers.

However, when I browse the remote datastore linked PBS server in the cluster servers tree, I don't see the VM backups.

Here is the tree view of my environment:

1712598114757.png

I have a ton of backups on backup05, where I have a Sync Job from backup05 to backup07 for certain backups.

But when I click above on backup07 I don't see the jobs.

But below it's clear they are there.

1712597893882.png

In my opinion I need to fix something to do with the job visibility, but I don't know where to start.

Attachments

• 1712597771568.png
    1712597771568.png
    20.2 KB · Views: 2
Hi!
in pve you will only see the snapshots of the machines that exist on it. On PBS you have snapshots for the vms 101 and 106, but both do not exist on the node hv11.

Thanks so much @ggoller ! Naively I thought that since I'm replicating VMs across to another host, I could use this method to restore the backup.

I'm actually trying trying to solve this problem and will conduct more research and try more things:

Geography A: PBS Server
Geography B: PBS Server

Distance between geography A & B is 16 milliseconds.
Currently between A & B I have a cluster. I am fully aware this against best practice because Corosync requires 5 milliseconds but it's working and making my migration setup easy to follow. All Geography A servers are being discontinued.

So I want to quickly restore a server from Geography A on Geography B, e.g.:

- Do a "quick backup" on geography A.
- Shutdown geography A.
- Do a "quick restore" on geography B.

best,
Eugene

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!