about network traffic flow

haiwan

Apr 23, 2019
1592389924508.png
Hi, we have a question. how to Statistics every vm netout all flow?
please give me guide. tks

You can see network traffic on the GUI in the Summary page of each VM (individual) and on the Summary page of each node (combined for all VMs and host). Does that answer your question?

You can see network traffic on the GUI in the Summary page of each VM (individual) and on the Summary page of each node (combined for all VMs and host). Does that answer your question?
gui no give me vm netout total flow.

have wish use api get vm all netout flow?

Network traffic stats are recorded by rrdcached, you can retrieve them via the API under '/nodes/mila/rrddata', e.g. pvesh get /nodes/mila/rrddata --timeframe hour.

If the GUI doesn't display any data, there might be something wrong with your RRD configuration?

Network traffic stats are recorded by rrdcached, you can retrieve them via the API under '/nodes/mila/rrddata', e.g. pvesh get /nodes/mila/rrddata --timeframe hour.

If the GUI doesn't display any data, there might be something wrong with your RRD configuration?
gui just show 1592491241739.png
I want to know netout traffic per hour

forexample. we have a Management promox vm panel, so we wish limit every vm every month bandwith .
see this 1592491604233.png
limit bandwith

Yes, you can use the API as I described.

Yes, you can use the API as I described.
happy, tks so if we want Statistics VM 113 netout traffic. how to write? please give me guide. tks
pvesh get /nodes/mila/rrddata --timeframe hour how to check id vm 113 netout traffic.

VMs have their own 'rrddata' API path. In general, you can look in our API viewer for paths.

In your case it is available under '/nodes/<nodename>/qemu/<vmid>/rrddata', i.e. the following could work as a starting point for a script:
Code:
pvesh get /nodes/yournodename/qemu/XXX/rrddata --timeframe hour --output-format json | jq '.[] | {netin,netout,time}'

Reactions: haiwan
[QUOTE =“ Stefan_R,帖子:321354,成员:72993”]
VM具有自己的“ rrddata” API路径。通常,您可以在我们的API查看器中查找路径。

在您的情况下,它在“ / nodes / <节点名称> / qemu / <vmid> / rrddata”下可用,即以下内容可以作为脚本的起点:
[码]
pvesh get / nodes / yournodename / qemu / XXX / rrddata --timeframe hour --output-format json | jq'。[] | {netin,netout,time}'
[/码]
[/引用]
Ťks

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!