a Recovery system for PVE?

Indirectelex

May 26, 2021
Canada
Wouldnt be great to be able to recover PVE OS from a snapshot on PBS (on the network) with a bootable usb drive as an installation launcher?

Last edited:
I am handling this different because I find all other options (even with pbs) too complicated for my usecase at home.
Have installed pve on a small SSD.
From time to time I just shut the host down and did it over to another SSD.
Since my config is pretty static another config backup is rarely necessary.
Maybe that works for you as well.

Having the OS on ZFS and regularly send/receiving it to another host, you can just boot the official PVE iso recovery system restore from there (partitions, grub and ZFS)

And a bootable Debian USB stick with the proxmox-backup-client package will also allow you to backup any block device. Works even for backing up the PVE system disk to PBS.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!