4 NIC each one connected to a physical switch in differents vlan

de Thysebaert

Mar 12, 2017
hi,
I just installed proxmox V6.2 on PE Prolian D380 Gen 10. Setup run without problems.
We ave 4 physical NIC, each one are connected on a Netgear GS724T, each one on a port in a different vlan. On the switch te port configuration is U (untaged, and PVID of te desired vlan)
The first NIC is on vlan 1 and VM connected to this vmbr in this default vlan can reach all te network

NIC one is eno5 and on proxmox I have the default config

auto lo iface lo inet loopback iface eno5 inet manual iface eno6 inet manual iface eno7 inet manual iface eno8 inet manual auto vmbr0 iface vmbr0 inet static address 192.168.2.210/24 gateway 192.168.2.254 bridge-ports eno5 bridge-stp off bridge-fd 0

For te others NIC eno6,7,8 I have used this config

auto vmbr2 iface vmbr2 inet static address 192.168.50.210/24 bridge-ports eno7 bridge-stp off bridge-fd 0 auto vmbr3 iface vmbr3 inet static address 192.168.60.210/24 bridge-ports eno8 bridge-stp off bridge-fd 0

ping from proxmox to a another physical machine connected to te switch in a port in te same vlan doesn't reach the destination

what's wrong in this configuration ? may I use bridge-pvid parameter in the vmbr config ?

the bridge vlan show command return :

root@prox10:~# bridge -c vlan show | more port vlan ids eno5 1 PVID Egress Untagged eno7 1 PVID Egress Untagged eno8 1 PVID Egress Untagged vmbr0 1 PVID Egress Untagged vmbr2 1 PVID Egress Untagged vmbr3 1 PVID Egress Untagged

It seam's that the egress packet kepp te PVID 1 ....

Thxs

FR

Last edited:
perhaps you could post the part of the configuration file for the ports from the netgear config ? my guess is that not all the vlans are not being allowed into the ports.

Hi,
I have solved this issue with this following config for network. On te server interface eno7 is for vlan 50 and eno8 for vlan 60.
On the Netgear swictch there are one port for the carrying vlan 50 connected to eno7 and one port for for te traffic with vlan 60 connected to eno8
On the switch I have also configured PVID 100 for each port as default PVID and untagged for each port . For the first port (vlan 50) only vlan 50 is tagged and for te other port vlan 60 is tagged
I think I must create an vmbr interface without IP bridged with te concerned port and with bridge-vlan-aware set, and also a second vmbr bridged to te vlan subinterface (sample eno7.50) and put on it the IP.

auto vmbr2 iface vmbr2 inet manual bridge-ports eno7 bridge-stp off bridge-fd 0 bridge-vlan-aware yes bridge-vids 2-4094 auto vmbr3 iface vmbr3 inet manual bridge-ports eno8 bridge-stp off bridge-fd 0 bridge-vlan-aware yes bridge-vids 2-4094 auto vmbr50 iface vmbr50 inet static address 192.168.50.210/24 bridge-ports eno7.50 bridge-stp off bridge-fd 0 auto vmbr60 iface vmbr60 inet static address 192.168.60.10/24 bridge-ports eno8.60 bridge-stp off bridge-fd 0 #Vlan 60

I ave also used this rule for creating on an second server a bond with multiple interfaces and carying multiple vlan (one bond with his slave interfaces and multiple vmbr bridged to subif of te root bond , example brdided to bound.XX)
This is running fine for me

Thx

Reactions: RobFantini

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!