2 Port RAID Card

matthew

Renowned Member
Jul 28, 2011
Looking for an inexpensive RAID card to use with two drives in RAID 1 that I can monitor without adding special packages. My last hardware raid card I had to install special packages to monitor. When upgrading proxmox versions everything crashed.

Hi, for what it is worth: I've used the entry-level LSI megaraid PCIE cards in a few proxmox hosts with good success. I seem to recall 9220 was the part, but Newegg doesn't sell this any longer (- something else has replaced it ?9211?) - but the 9240 (4 port/4 drive support I suspect) seems to have a similar price point (around $200). (Alternately you can still easily find 9220 parts on Ebay for ~$100 ballpark, if such an approach appeals and the price difference is seen as worthwhile?)

AFAIK there isn't a 'hardware raid card' much cheaper than MSRP/$200 ballpark which is worth using on production systems. If someone else knows of one maybe they can post it to this thread though :)

Tim

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!