2 node cluster, one with lots of storage, how to make use on the other?

runningriver

Jan 23, 2020
I have 2 nodes, one has about 10TB of SSD in RaidZ2, the other has 120TB of HHD's also in RaidZ2.
I'd like to allow both nodes to access their own storage along with the others,
eg node one local access to SSD and remote to the others HHD's. And the other way around node two: local access to HHD and remote to others SSD's.
What options do I have for going about this?
At the moment I have TrueNas Scale on the one with the HHD's with the HBA passed through and the shared over NFS with both sharing that. The problem is I don't want to manage Truenas and the node with the HDD's doesn't have local access to the disks.
I realize I could just share each node's disks over NFS to the other but that solution feels dirty.
I don't care about having data redundancy as it's a homelab and I have other backup solutions, so something like ceph isn't ideal for various reasons (I think?).

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!