2 isp

dragonslayr

Renowned Member
Mar 5, 2015
What I have is one nic
connected to a switch
switch connected to two differant uverse lines with static ip's.

It seems I can just enter the ip info in the vm for the second uverse connection, however cannot then see the other vms.

What's would be a good way for the vm's to still talk together without going out to the internet to do it?
A route command?

Hi,

I would make a VLan which provides a private VM network.

Am looking into that as we speak. Big learning curve and need to purchase a managed switch that will do vlan.
So to be clear, With the switch in place, and one vm on say 152.65.36.36 needs to talk directly to the vm on 254.35.22.51, the switch will realize not to send the traffic either of the two modems but send it to the other vlan using tagging.
Am I on the right track here?

With the switch in place, and one vm on say 152.65.36.36 needs to talk directly to the vm on 254.35.22.51, the switch will realize not to send the traffic either of the two modems but send it to the other vlan using tagging.
No if an application in VM A will connect to the public IP of VM B it will always take the default route over the WAN.
You can add a special route to take an alternative route. But VLAN will only isolate the networks.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!