2 GPUs passthrough 1 to a vm and 1 to an LXC

joells101

Apr 14, 2024
Is it possible to split them this way. as most of the steps ive read involve blacklisting the drivesr from the host system which would mean the lxc would be unable to see the gpu?

i have a 1660ti and a 2060, currently with nviidia-smi i can see both in the host system and both show up in the LXC i want to see it in, however i'd like to split off the 2060 to pass it through to a windows vm.

Is it possible to split them this way. as most of the steps ive read involve blacklisting the drivesr from the host system which would mean the lxc would be unable to see the gpu?

i have a 1660ti and a 2060
You don't need to blacklist drivers if you do early binding to vfio-pci (as shown in the manual but you might need an additional softdep) and use different device types (lspci -nn is different for 1660 and 2060). Whether PCIe passthrough will work depends on your GPU and motherboard (IOMMU groups). See the Proxmox manual, Wiki and this forum for other people's experiences with this.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!