10g between Truenas VM to Mac PRO and UniFi switch

avsion

Jan 14, 2023
Hi All,

I'm trying to configure two 10g link between TrueNAS-CORE VM to Mac Pro that connected to a UniFi switch. the first 10g link is the default proxmox bridge vmbr0 (LAN) and the second vmbr1 is for NFS and SMB sharing. the mac pro has 2 x 10Gbase-T RJ45 ports connected to SFP+ ports on unifi switch (Pro 48 poe). from the switch connected to proxmox server 10g SFP+ dual ports network PCIE card.

ATM it is connected however iperf test is not consistent range from 1g to 10g on both vmbr 0 and vmbr1. i also tried PTP proxmox server to the mac (using 10Gbase-T RJ45 transceiver with CAT6 cable) however i can't get 10g only 5g link but again link not consistent.

How do i configure the following:
Proxmox - ATM vmbr0 default Gateway bridge and vmbr1 set bridge Static IP/24?
Mac Pro - Port 1 set LAN (DHCP), Port 2 Static IP/24 NO Gateway mtu 1500?
TrueNAS - Port 1 set LAN (DHCP), Port 2 IPV4 /24 NO Gateway mtu 1500?
UniFi Switch - Create VLAN only (use by separate router) or use existing L3 Switch feature to create new network and assign both ports?

few days i tried different configuration(as above) but still cant get stable speed , i'm lost hope you can help.

please let me know if you need more information

Thank you

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!