¿How to avail port a specific port in Proxmox?

BrandonN

Mar 2, 2018
Colombia
Hi for everyone.
I want to configure Bacula-sd in my Proxmox, but I can't avail the port. I have tried to enable with this command.
  • iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 9102 -j ACCEPT
  • iptables -A OUTINPUT -p tcp --dport 9102 -j ACCEPT

This is my IPTABLES -L command.

target prot opt source destination
ACCEPT tcp -- anywhere anywhere tcp dpt:9107
ACCEPT tcp -- anywhere anywhere tcp dpt:bacula-fd

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
ACCEPT tcp -- anywhere anywhere tcp dpt:9107
ACCEPT tcp -- anywhere anywhere tcp dpt:bacula-sd

When I try telnet, the port isn't available and the Bacula Server can't connect ( Status request timed out. The most probably the Bacula client is not available or it is not running. )

Thanks, for all your help and advices.

I want to configure Bacula-sd in my Proxmox, but I can't avail the port. I have tried to enable with this command.
just to be sure - the bacula-sd is the daemon, that stores the backups (a.k.a. the backup server) - you want to run that on your PVE?
I would expect to run the Bacula-fd on PVE (to back it up to your bacula server)

but aside from that:
* is the daemon running? (`ps auxwf |grep -i acula`)
* is it listening to port 9107? (`ss -tlnp |grep 9107`)

I hope this helps!

Thank you so much Stoiko,
You are in rigth, the daemon is bacula-fd and this one is running as you can shows.

service bacula-fd status
● bacula-fd.service - Bacula File Daemon service
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/bacula-fd.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: active (running) since Tue 2020-06-16 16:39:03 -05; 15h ago
Docs: man:bacula-fd(8)
Process: 37573 ExecStartPre=/usr/sbin/bacula-fd -t -c $CONFIG (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Main PID: 37574 (bacula-fd)
Tasks: 2 (limit: 7372)
Memory: 1.0M
CGroup: /system.slice/bacula-fd.service
└─37574 /usr/sbin/bacula-fd -fP -c /etc/bacula/bacula-fd.conf
Jun 16 16:39:03 proxmox systemd[1]: Starting Bacula File Daemon service...
16 de junio 16:39:03 proxmox systemd [1]: se inició el servicio Bacula File Daemon.

But I can't watch the port available when I run 'ss -tlnp |grep 9107 ' or with default port 'ss -tlnp |grep 9102' I can´t watch the answer.
How can to open this port?
Thanks

If ss does not output that anything is listening on the port - then nothing is - means the daemon is not running or configured in a way where it's not listening to the tcp-port

check the bacula-fd documentation.

[CITA = "Stoiko Ivanov, publicación: 320518, miembro: 56412"]
Si ss no muestra que algo está escuchando en el puerto, entonces nada lo está, significa que el demonio no se está ejecutando o configurado de una manera en la que no está escuchando el puerto tcp

consulte la documentación de bacula-fd.
[/CITAR]
Ok, I will to review, Thanks!

Thank you for your answer. I needed review carefully the instalation, I found a problem with version and repository, the remove an rerun the installation.
Thank you so much.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!