NFS server over ipv6

Buddy

Sep 17, 2014
Hi,

i'm still using proxmox 3.2 and i have 2 servers, (one host with proxmox V3.2 and another one with debian 7.0)
Both of them have one ipv 4 ans one ipv6 configured.

I have installed a NFS serveur on my debian 7.0 server.
i can add via the web interface of proxmox my NFS server with the ipv4 address but i can't with the ipv6 address.
but i can do in SSH via
mount -t nfs '[2001:41d0:*:7**8::1]':/var/lib/vz/copy_hard /mnt/pve/copy_backup and the NFS server is well mounted.
so as i can do it in SSH, my firewall / NFS configuration is OK i think.

So is it possible to use a NFS serveur over ipv6 with the web interface of proxmox ? What do i have to do better ?

Thanks you in advance,
Sorry for my english, it's not my native language.

does it work if you enter the NFS storage definition directly in /etc/pve/storage.cfg, via CLI?

thanks you for the answer. I think that i need to reboot PVE, if yes, i will check that this week end.

Best regards,

We currently only allow DNS names and IPv4 addresses. But you can mount the nfs storage with /etc/fstab.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!