Prox VE 5.4-5 installation doesn't work with Ubuntu 19.04

w0lverine

May 21, 2019
I can't figure out why I can not install Ubuntu 19.04 in proxmox. I have read the documentation, I have watched youtube videos, experience with VMware and hypervisor.

Once I install the ubnutu server iso, I start it up and I access the console and I get a blinking _ over and over again in a dark screen. Not sure what is going on and any help would be greatly appreciated.

UPDATE
I just tried with 18.04 Ubuntu Server...it is installing successfully. I am assuming Proxmox doe snot support 19.04 than?

Attachments

• Ubuntu Configuration.png
    Ubuntu Configuration.png
    26.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Ubuntu Failing to Install.png
    Ubuntu Failing to Install.png
    10 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
you have to change the "Display" from default to "spice" or "vmware compatible". in the ubuntu 19.04 ISO is still a kernel related bug.

as soon as you update latest kernel inside ubuntu with the bug fix, it works again also with the default graphic card.

Reactions: Jarek Hartman

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!