Upgrade CEPH packages

andreas1o

May 23, 2012
Sweden
www.1o.se
I have Proxmox 5.3.9 with Cep 12.2.10 and would like to upgrade to 12.2.12.
Do I need to do one node at a time? What happens when one node is at 12.2.12 and the others at 12.2.10 could there be any compability issues ?

The reason I'm asking is if I have to plan and take the entire cluster down or if I can do this "online" so to say ?

Thank you Proxmox for a wonderful product.

Do I need to do one node at a time?
That's for other reasons a good idea. Usually people migrate all VM/CT to a different host before starting the update.

What happens when one node is at 12.2.12 and the others at 12.2.10 could there be any compability issues ?
These are minor updates and the cluster can run with different versions for the time of the upgrade.

The reason I'm asking is if I have to plan and take the entire cluster down or if I can do this "online" so to say ?
After the package update, the services need to be restarted and a reboot might be necessary (eg. kernel). But that can be done one at a time.

You can test your upgrade in a virtual Proxmox VE cluster beforehand.
https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Nested_Virtualization

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!