pve-apiclient on Ubuntu

serk

Jan 22, 2019
I am trying to install the Perl API on ubuntu 18.04, I've manually installed the "pve-apiclient.git" manualy but it has a lot of dependencies, now I'm stuck installing the "PVE/AccessControl.pm", but there should be a easier way.

Thanks now it's asking for Filesys:: Df ...

We have a perl open source service in ubuntu that we want to integrate with proxmox. We are between the community version and the official, and we prefer go for the long term with the official.

Last edited:
Thanks now it's asking for Filesys::Df ...

The problem is, I don't know if the packages are named the same way between ubuntu and debian, so I can't really say what packages to install. You can take a look at the debian/control files in the repositories you cloned to get an idea of what kind of dependencies it needs. Then you will have to find the corresponding ubuntu packages, which might be the same or different or may not exist at all in some cases.

In your place I would just use another API client or just use proxmox/debian. It will be a bit hacky to get it working properly on ubuntu, and you won't be able to get any updates (or even if you do, it might get broken or so on).

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!