No node selection during VM creation/migration

Kreios

May 21, 2018
Hey guys,
I have a problem also described here: https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/no-node-selection-in-create-vm-create-ct-or-migrate.43572/
All my VMs are running fine, I just can't create new ones or migrate existing ones via webgui...
There is no problem with creating new VMs via "qm create..."!

I tried getting new certs via the first part of this guide: https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/HTTPS_Certificate_Configuration_(Version_4.x_and_newer)
It didn't change a thing though...

I first noticed this problem after upgrading from 5.1 to 5.2

Hi,

this typically happens if not all nodes can connect throw ssh.

try to connect every node with every node throw this command

Code:
ssh -o  HostKeyAlias="<remoteHostName>" root@<remoteIP>
[Code]

I tested connectivity of all three nodes via ssh. As I didn't know whether the corosync interface is relevant for this too, I tested it as well. The outcome: every node can communicate with the other two nodes on both interfaces with no problem...

I had a small problem with resolving the host's hostnames. As I have a custom DNS server and an internal reverse proxy all hosts in my domain will be redirected to my proxy.... Even the ssh commands were redirected... So I changed the hostfile of each host to incorporate the other hosts.
- But my problem is still not resolved sadly....

what do you get when you execute:
Code:
pvesh get /nodes

unable to read '/etc/pve/nodes/levin/pve-ssl.pem' - No such file or directory

But that is kind of expected. I only installed corosync on my third node, to get the cluster into a simulated HA state (this is a test cluster after all).
The node "levin" shows up in the WEBui as disconnected and I am fine with that. Does the cluster still need a cert for a disconnected node?

EDIT

ok I know my cluster is hacked together... and I know, that this requires hacked solutions...

So now I created the new directory "levin" in /etc/pve/nodes and copied the pve-ssl.pem from my first node to this folder. It is probably not too good to use the same cert twice, BUT it worked!

Thank you for giving me pointers!

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!