where is cpu_map.xml in proxmox

ralphcler

Jan 22, 2016
Help >: )
a lot of threads in google say which is located in /usr/share/libvirt/cpu_map.xml, but I am not able to find it in Proxmox, some clues plz ?

Last edited:
Id like to change the cpu name in the VM for a specific string and only for the string

no sure what you mean but you can configure the CPU type on the GUI or if you prefer CLI, just edit /etc/pve/qemu-server/VMID.conf

Id like to change the string which is showed in the VM like "RaphCPU" but only the string, all features are as same as the CPU it should be

Id like to change the string which is showed in the VM like "RaphCPU" but only the string, all features are as same as the CPU it should be

Sorry but I do not get what you mean.

sorry for confusing you, for example in a windows VM, when the users check the CPU name, the system shows a name which is configured by me, like it shows "Ralph CPU" instead of "QEMU CPU" or "I3" ,"I5"

sorry for confusing you, for example in a windows VM, when the users check the CPU name, the system shows a name which is configured by me, like it shows "Ralph CPU" instead of "QEMU CPU" or "I3" ,"I5"

You can set a CPU type in your hardware definition on the VM GUI - but only valid ones like Haswell or Broadwell.

yep, that's why Id like to know if there is some way to put customized ones there....

this makes no sense for me, please explain why you want this. sounds weird to me.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!