Recent content by sektor

  1. S

    Proxmox on Oracle Cloud Free Tier Ampere (ARM)

    Very interesting write up indeed, by the way as an aside if you don't want to worry about being charged on a pay as you go plan you can set your budget to 0, I found that out on a youtube video regarding oracle cloud. Funny I was looking to use this to do a backup mx for my email but this can...
  2. S

    Unable to upload anything to proxmox 7.2-3 install

    I have plenty of space 4TB drive dedicated for iso's and the main os is on 2 500GB SSD raid 1 It doesn't matter the file size My server is on the same switch just a different vlan. I can try to put my desktop on the same vlan as the proxmox server, but I didn't think that would matter. Also...
  3. S

    Unable to upload anything to proxmox 7.2-3 install

    I have proxmox installed on a dell r730xd and installed without an issue, but I am having difficulties uploading anything to it. It doesn't matter if it is through the web portal or sftp. Other than that I am not sure what the issue can be? I don't have any errors and it doesn't matter from...
  4. S

    Suggestions for Best Proxmox Scalable High Availability Setup and Configuration

    Ok here is the deal the server chassis is a dell c6220 6 drive version, it was a 3 drive version so now I have the capability of adding 3 more drives for each server. The processor is Dual intel Xeon E5-2670 2.6 ghz octa cores for a total of 16 cores and in regards to the nic each server will...
  5. S

    Best Proxmox Scalable High Availability Setup and Configuration

    My apologies, I opened a new thread and have read through the documentation and in the process of rereading it again.
  6. S

    Suggestions for Best Proxmox Scalable High Availability Setup and Configuration

    I am planning on having 3 hosts with 96GB of ram each 2 240GB ssd's, 1 will be dedicated to the OS and the other will be dedicated to Journal and then a single 10TB HDD in each of the nodes, I was going to go with 4 2TB but was informed that to chasis limitations I was not able to do that. All...
  7. S

    Best Proxmox Scalable High Availability Setup and Configuration

    Sorry to bring this topic back up to the top but I have some questions of my own as this is something I have been doing some serious research in. My scenario is I have 3 servers that will be at a hosting center originally I was thinking about going with 2 freenas type servers and 3 proxmox...
  8. S

    Upgrade to kernel 4.15.18-12-pve goes BOOM!

    I was applying some updates and noticed that pve-kernel-4.15 version 5.3-2 was being held back as well as pve-kernel-4.15.18-11 version 4.15.18-34 was being held back, would it be related to the above changes that need to be made?
  9. S

    Intel NUC single SSD - best filesystem?

    I don't think you can do any raid setup with a single disk, because traditionally all raids require more than one disk that is the purpose of a raid.
  10. S

    Proxmox = pfsense + NethServer

    I'm going to be doing the same and the way I am going to be doing it is WAN -> Pfsense -> multiple vlans including wlan -> nethserver and nethserver stays on the inside aside from a couple of ports, as well as do a full AD controller off of nethserver. My physical host setup is 2 gigabit nics...
  11. S

    Question regarding current setup and looking for suggestions

    So I have 4GB of memory set aside for a couple of vm's my pfsense vm is at 6gb, but I believe I can scale that back and the only reason why I set it like that is I am seeing high usage on the proxmox console, but on the pfsense side I am not seeing that high usage. So the above average usage of...
  12. S

    Wrong memory usage on KVM VM

    I am having the same issue.