"match field" wildcards/regexp in What object?

chipc

Sep 20, 2007
How is the "match field" object interpreted, as in, does it take wildcards, or is it a regexp?

I'm trying to take special action if a particular (custom) spamassassin rule has been met. I've added X-SPAM-LEVEL header to all messages, which lists the code names of the spamassassin rules.

If I create a What object with Match Field X-SPAM-LEVEL=RULE_NAME, it doesn't match. If I change that to X-SPAM-LEVEL=.*RULE_NAME.*, it seems to match completely unrelated messages.

All comments appreciated!

Chip C, Toronto.

How is the "match field" object interpreted, as in, does it take wildcards, or is it a regexp?

it is a perl regex (case insensitive match) - against the 'original' mail.

I'm trying to take special action if a particular (custom) spamassassin rule has been met. I've added X-SPAM-LEVEL header to all messages, which lists the code names of the spamassassin rules.

How did you add that header? You can't add headers with custom SA rules, that does not work. Only scoring rules are allowed.

- Dietmar

Against the *original* mail, you say ... so a header that I add in one proxmos action is not visible to any following proxmox rule? Obviously that stymies my current plans.

(I'm using proxmox action "Modify Spam Level" to add the x-spam-level header, and this is working fine, I can see my custom SpamAssassin rule name listed in that header line when the message is eventually delivered.)

I really want to be able to trigger a proxmox action (probably notify admins and bcc to an archive/admin address) when a message body containst certain patterns. The only way to match within the message body is via a custom SA rule (true?) and I've got that taken care of. Is my only option to have the SA rule increment the spam score by some massive amount and then have a proxmox rule initiate an action on that score? The problem is that the "Spam Filter" object only goes up to 30, and there's lots of plain spam messages that get scores that high.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Chip C, Toronto

OK, will do, but would it be simpler to allow a "body" or "rawbody" field spec in the existing What object?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!