i'm doing GPU passthrough wrong

Try enabling NUMA (numa: 1) because you have multiple sockets. Start will less memory for the VM. Try passing the whole device (hostpci0: 0000:02:00,pcie=1) instead of only the VGA part of the GPU. Ask NVidia what their drivers need to work properly in this setup, because the passthrough itself is working.

Try enabling NUMA (numa: 1) because you have multiple sockets. Start will less memory for the VM. Try passing the whole device (hostpci0: 0000:02:00,pcie=1) instead of only the VGA part of the GPU. Ask NVidia what their drivers need to work properly in this setup, because the passthrough itself is working.
I confirm when the passthrough works, but ask NVIDIA what their drivers need? What? You want I call them? lol Not sure that’s work. Seriously.... I don’t know. My driver is the last one.

I confirm when the passthrough works, but ask NVIDIA what their drivers need? What? You want I call them? lol Not sure that’s work. Seriously.... I don’t know. My driver is the last one.
Only they know their closed source drivers and what it assumes or requires. Maybe they have a forum, mailing list or (paid) support like Proxmox has? Sorry, I have no experience with NVidia (devices) myself. I believe they always supported virtualization with Quadro's, so maybe they have experience with this.
Have you tried passing the whole device (All Functions in the Proxmox web GUI) with hostpci0: 0000:02:00, with or without ,pcie=1? Some drivers assume all functions and some drivers assume the (passed through) device under a PCIe root, which you don't get (and often don't need) unless you enable PCI-Express.

So no way to remove error 43? NVIDIA couldn't tell me in passing
Can you dump the output of this script?
Code:
#!/bin/bash
for d in $(find /sys/kernel/iommu_groups/ -type l | sort -n -k5 -t/); do
    n=${d#*/iommu_groups/*}; n=${n%%/*}
    printf 'IOMMU Group %s ' "$n"
    lspci -nns "${d##*/}"
done;

Also, is there any interesting in /var/log/syslog after trying to start your VM?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!