Proxmox Host Hard Freezing - Memtest Clean

Solinus

Dec 30, 2021
Not sure why but my original post just disappeared...let's try this again...

I have two Proxmox hosts in two separate clusters that with similar issues, though one is for sure having a rougher time than the other one as it hard freezes a lot more often. Both are running different hardware (brands of servers and models of CPUs, RAM, etc)

Below is the biggest problem child:
1655438715477.png

As you can see there are more than enough resources and at most I've only had a handful of VMs on here (maybe 3-5 at a time) given the issues. Sometimes it works fine for days other times it crashes multiple times a day. I say crash, but I should say hard freeze. It is accessible via IPMI/iKVM/iDRAC so at least I can reset it remotely. What's odd is memtest comes back clean and no issues. These used to run Hyper-V and never had issues and ran for months at a time without incident. Logs don't seem to show anything since the server just hard freezes. Any thoughts?

Logs don't seem to show anything since the server just hard freezes.
If you look at the logs related to the previous boot (before the reset)
journalctl -b -1
Do you spot some useful message?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!