Internal SMTP blocking zip with password

hoanv9

Apr 15, 2020
Hi all,
I current use Promox as MTA, the email from mail server send out to Proxmox in Internal SMTP Port. Now I want to block the file send out with zip password. I found the setting "Block encrypted archives and documents" in Virus Detector but seems that it no affect to my current case.
Is there anyway to do that?
Thanks.

Hi all,
I current use Promox as MTA, the email from mail server send out to Proxmox in Internal SMTP Port. Now I want to block the file send out with zip password. I found the setting "Block encrypted archives and documents" in Virus Detector but seems that it no affect to my current case.
Is there anyway to do that?
Thanks.
please share the logs of such a mail

The "Block encrypted archives and documents" option just tells ClamAV to alert on these documents with a Heuristics match - this in turn gets assigned the SpamScore of Heuristics score (GUI->Configuration->Spam Detector->Options) - you can set this one higher - then the mail should get treated as spam in your rule system

I hope this helps!

In my case, I just want to block the zip with password when user sending out. Is it make sense to apply such configuration?
In log, I found there is line with Virus detected: Hueristics.Encrypted.7zip

In my case, I just want to block the zip with password when user sending out. I
the spamdetector config is currently identical for in- and outbound mail - so this is not directly possible

you could setup a second PMG for the outbound direction and configure it there

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!