Doubt: Watch VM via hdmi

kraxxis

Oct 24, 2019
Greetings.

First of all, sorry if this is explained in another post, I dind't find any post with my doubt.

At the moment I'm running Proxmox in a little server that has not a video signal output so I'm always working via website but now I'm interested to change the server and the new one has an HDMI connector.

My dubt with this is, is it possible to have differents VM's running but get the video signal via hdmi only from one of them?

For example: 3 vms running 1 of them with Kodi, and I'm interested to connect via hdmi that vm to the TV.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi,

it is possible if you passthrough the GPU to the VM.
You can search for Grafik passthrough in the forum.

hi, im pretty sure that the OP wants to see the VM trought the monitor he has attached to the graphics card. any ideia how?

well i have news for you. it does not work that simply. at least for me. i thought problably that's the same problem OP is having...
on my case i get error 43.. i tried hidding CPU and KVM (nvidia gpu - 1650) . still not working.

any thoutghts?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!