No network connection after fresh install of Proxmox

BNexus

Aug 18, 2020
I'm running into an issue where, after a fresh install of ProxMox on a dedicated server, there seems to be no networking available. Ping either shows "temporary failure in name resolution" (for FQDN) or "Destination Host Unreachable" for IP addresses. Here is the output of my ip a and /etc/network/interfaces files if it helps speed things along. I tried troubleshooting via some other answers available on the forums and other websites to no avail. The only thing I can really ping is, naturally, the IP I'm trying to configure for the bridge. I've verified the IP, netmask, and gateway are all correct.

1623006803708.png

are you sure, that enp4s0 is the right interface?
Can you try to ping an IP-address, for example 9.9.9.9
Just figured this out. Reinstalled Ubuntu on it and it's defaulting to a different interface so I'll reinstall Proxmox using that and get back to you.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!