PBS: error fetching datastores - 401 Unauthorized (500)

adminkc

Sep 28, 2020
Hi all,

if I try to connect the PBS to my nodes I get the following error: PBS: error fetching datastores - 401 Unauthorized (500)
Is this error known?

Best,
KC IT-Team

do you use the correct user with the correct permissions? any logs on pbs side (syslog/journal)?

Okee the one error is now ok.

I get a new error kcs-pbs: Cannot find datastore '/mnt/datastore/rpool', check permissions and existance! (500)

I try everthing and nothing work?

Best

the same error if i put only the datastore name: kcs-pbs: Cannot find datastore '/rpool', check permissions and existance! (500)

Attachments

• pbs.PNG
    pbs.PNG
    19.4 KB · Views: 499
you have to put the name of the datastore (as defined in pbs) in the field 'datastore' (you have /rpool there now)

Reactions: clipz98
yes but without the slash '/rpool' vs 'rpool'

Hi,
I have a error like this Backup: error fetching datastores - 400 Bad Request. Does it have the same problem of this topic? I really have no idea to fix this one. Can you guys give me some tips to fix this error. Thank you guys so much!

I have a error like this Backup: error fetching datastores - 400 Bad Request. Does it have the same problem of this topic? I really have no idea to fix this one. Can you guys give me some tips to fix this error. Thank you guys so much!
this sounds like a different issue, please open a new thread with more infos (like logs, versions, etc)

I had the same problem with me, it was because I had set up 2-factor authentication with the PBS. After I removed them, everything was integrated correctly again

Reactions: rkerber
I had the same problem with me, it was because I had set up 2-factor authentication with the PBS. After I removed them, everything was integrated correctly again
same here, after removing 2.factor everything is ok again

Same here, but I would like to use 2FA auth. How can VE backup to PBS with activated 2FA? Same happens on sync from PBS <-> PBS

Same here, but I would like to use 2FA auth. How can VE backup to PBS with activated 2FA? Same happens on sync from PBS <-> PBS
hi, you have to use a token instead of the actual user. 2fa does not make sense really for automated stuff (like the pve -> pbs backup)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!