Proxmox on Mac mini 2011

doctrs

Oct 17, 2020
Hi

I want to install Proxmox V6.2 on a mac mini 2011 (Core i5,2.5ghz, 16go RAM, GPU AMD RADEON).
I start on proxmox cd (made with iso file) and the startup stop after a while with messages shown in the attached file.

I visit the url given, but the page send a 404 error.

What is wrong whis this? How to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance

PS: I have installed proxmox on mac mini 2009 (core2duo) without any problems, few months ago.

Attachments

• IMG_0900.jpg
    IMG_0900.jpg
    447 KB · Views: 55
Hi

Thanks. I don't need wireless, the mac will be connected with ethernet. How can I disable the WLAN?

Life is to short to waste time with slow computers...
OK, it's very helpful :)
Then this macmini is more than enough for my needs. It works actually on macminni 2009 well, and I don't understand why I was able to install proxmox on the 2009 model, and not working with 2011 model, and I don't know how to fix.

You're right, this is what I've done.
Install buster, then install b43-firmware, and linux-firmware-nonfree too. And all works fine :)

During the install, I setup LVM like this:
- create volume group named pve (/dev/sda3)
- create logical volume named root (ext4, /)
- create logical volume named swap (swap)

Then install Proxmox and reboot. Then I created lvm-thin:
lvcreate -L 422G -T -n data pve

And add lvm-thin to storage, and recreate network interface (linux-bridge). I can now restore VM from backups.

You're right, this is what I've done.
Install buster, then install b43-firmware, and linux-firmware-nonfree too. And all works fine :)

During the install, I setup LVM like this:
- create volume group named pve (/dev/sda3)
- create logical volume named root (ext4, /)
- create logical volume named swap (swap)

Then install Proxmox and reboot. Then I created lvm-thin:
lvcreate -L 422G -T -n data pve

And add lvm-thin to storage, and recreate network interface (linux-bridge). I can now restore VM from backups.
I also run two i5-4250 mac mini's with 16GB in a cluster(created an account here just so I could validate these are fine machines for vm hosts). I use a spare laptop and freenas with a 5disk usb array for NFS storage between the two. I find them more than capable machines when they're not tanking during 100% VM cpu use(a new thing since 6.3.3 update). Errors seem to suggest I've a nic driver issue, which I've never done anything to update, other than OS updates. If anyone has suggestions, great. I'm considering just a redo of the OS. ** Update. Re-imaged both cluster nodes with 6.3.2, they're both solid again, no issues.**

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!