Can you add a 5.4 proxmox node to a 5.2-1 cluster with no HA enabled?

Nov 23, 2019
Currently, have a non HA proxmox cluster running on 5.2-1 and need to add another cluster node. However, I cannot get access to a 5.2-1 proxmox iso and only can access the 5.4 iso. Can you add a 5.4 proxmox node to a 5.2-1 cluster without problems? The reason I am doing this is because I would like to get the third node in the cluster before starting to upgrade them.

Personnaly, I always upgrade my nodes each month to last version.
(you can upgrade live your nodes without any impact on the running vms/ct. Reboot is only needed if you need to upgrade kernel for security)

You can keep them mixed, but if a vm has been started on a new qemu version, you'll not be able to live migrate it to older version.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!