VGA driver on Win xp

If possible, keep the language english (also in screenshots), so more people can help.

I also don't quite understand your question, since you've uploaded a screenshot, you obviously have a VGA driver installed already? Otherwise there wouldn't be any display?

If possible, keep the language english (also in screenshots), so more people can help.

I also don't quite understand your question, since you've uploaded a screenshot, you obviously have a VGA driver installed already? Otherwise there wouldn't be any display?

Good afternoon, I have Russian OS:( and the the following setting:

1593721672145.png
But in WinXP the driver is not installed. The device is not defined.

I need at least some video driver to be installed on the virtual machine, maybe it is possible to make the GPU passtrought on win xp?

But in WinXP the driver is not installed. The device is not defined.
But, as stated, you're seeing a display output - so it certainly is using the device, otherwise you wouldn't see anything. If the warning in device manager bothers you, try using different VGA modes, the default is usually supported pretty well across OS's.

GPU passthrough is a more advanced topic, and while probably supported on Win XP, it is hard to say as the OS is EOL anyway. Might also be hard finding drivers for 'real' passthrough GPUs these days.

But, as stated, you're seeing a display output - so it certainly is using the device, otherwise you wouldn't see anything. If the warning in device manager bothers you, try using different VGA modes, the default is usually supported pretty well across OS's.

GPU passthrough is a more advanced topic, and while probably supported on Win XP, it is hard to say as the OS is EOL anyway. Might also be hard finding drivers for 'real' passthrough GPUs these days.
Good day. I will explain the essence of my problem. I use virtual machines for games. In win 10, everything works fine and there is a driver, but this OS needs a lot of resources. XP consumes less resources, but the game does not start there. I think this is due to this video adapter

Good day. I will explain the essence of my problem. I use virtual machines for games.
Then you *need* passthrough, anything else will not give you useable performance.

In win 10, everything works fine and there is a driver, but this OS needs a lot of resources.
What makes you think that? In general my experience is that Windows 10 runs games a lot better than older versions.

XP consumes less resources, but the game does not start there. I think this is due to this video adapter
No, it's because XP received it's last update in 2014. The video adapter is negligible anyway, as long as you're not using passthrough you won't get good game performance.

Then you *need* passthrough, anything else will not give you useable performance.

What makes you think that? In general my experience is that Windows 10 runs games a lot better than older versions.

No, it's because XP received it's last update in 2014. The video adapter is negligible anyway, as long as you're not using passthrough you won't get good game performance.

There does not require a lot of productivity. I need 1 core and 2 GB of RAM FOR Win XP.. for win 10 i need 2 cores and 4 GB of RAMю
+
XP is faster:)

Having summed up the drivers for XP you don’t have?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!