Promox 6.2 ACME DNS Digital Ocean - Seems Broken?

Apr 17, 2020
Trying out the new DNS Challenge and the UI appears to be missing something. For some of the plugins you get vendor specific fields to fill out but if you pick "dgon" all you get is a box called "API Data:" with no details on how your supposed to fill it out.

So far I've tried just putting my API key in the field which returns this error.

Code:
[Tue May 12 13:10:33 CDT 2020] You did not specify DigitalOcean API key.
[Tue May 12 13:10:33 CDT 2020] Please export DO_API_KEY and try again.

I've also tried setting the field to "export DO_API_KEY=123456" but I get the same error. Am i missing something or is the UI bugged for Digital Ocean?

Try removing any quotes and just use DO_API_KEY=123456. I had to do that to get it to work with he.net.

I was looking at the built in documentation initially and missed that looking online.
The built in is most of the time actually as new or newer than the online one, as we sync the online one only for point releases, whereas you may get updates for the built-in over the pve-docs package, just FYI :)

We may see if we can make this a bit more accepting in a sane way, i.e., parse out "export " at the beginning and handling quotes better when translating the API data for use with the acme.sh plugins.

The built in is most of the time actually as new or newer than the online one, as we sync the online one only for point releases, whereas you may get updates for the built-in over the pve-docs package, just FYI :)

We may see if we can make this a bit more accepting in a sane way, i.e., parse out "export " at the beginning and handling quotes better when translating the API data for use with the acme.sh plugins.
Something may be goofed up on my cluster then because when I click help while inside the DNS Plugin Box I get directed here https://cloud1.example.com:8006/pve-docs/chapter-sysadmin.html#sysadmin_certs_acme_plugins and it only talks about HTTP validation not DNS validation. Missing that line on the website is all on me though. I can't read apparently.

You may get served a cached version, try CTRL + SHIFT + R to force reload the page, if it then still doesn't works ensure you have pve-docs in the latest version.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!