Chrome noVNC (Error in connection establishment: net::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID)

fanava

Mar 11, 2020
Hello. I use chrome. I get this error:
Code:
failed: Error in connection establishment: net::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID
Code:
Failed when connecting: Connection closed (code: 1006)
_fail @ app.js?ver=1.1.0-1:9387
(anonymous) @ app.js?ver=1.1.0-1:8919
_websocket.onclose @ app.js?ver=1.1.0-1:4951

java 8.

Attachments

• Screenshot_51.png
    Screenshot_51.png
    130.8 KB · Views: 24
Have you tried a different browser?
To me it looks like chrome doesn't like the certificate (probably self-signed)

Have you tried a different browser?
To me it looks like chrome doesn't like the certificate (probably self-signed)
It works on a mozilla.
This is totally unrelated. There is only JavaScript used, not Java.
thanks.

Screenshot_52.png

Failed to confirm that this is server xxx.xxx..9.128. The computer operating system does not trust its security certificate. Perhaps the server is configured incorrectly or someone is trying to intercept your data.

Go to the website xxx.xxx..9.128. (insecure) < ok

I keep having to remember to switch over to Firefox if I want console access with noVNC or the Iridium browser which is based on Chrome works.

The only errors I can find are on the console:
() Task viewer: VM/CT 100 - Console OutputStatus Stop TASK ERROR: connection timed out

And Chrome's DevTools (F12):
WebSocket connection to 'wss://SERVER:8006/api2/json/nodes/SERVER/qemu/100/vncwebsocket?port=5900&vncticket=PVEVNC%3A5F3E8833%3A%3AEgpddo8o7Wj24Yd5P1OJ%2B1%2Bzi4f3pCRQk9BzcqUNNZax8KzLL5yntrKhhKCr8PJRGVtEdoVfrHPHSpedtzbk7nSVUOiqwd4lLovnmRMtutCBxkKgde%2BdJImp%2FxM77XIuJyDQggdQkTnb5YXcPQSFCm2dwb7uGKei9tf09GELYCVU71dPVEwJx%2FD3ddN5TRVSx3daJ4LTqCmJZn6g9SnflyA1UtshCwWPMbjtIzG0JgW%2B7PJJQcrtxJKtCTB3DxwcU7FD9qwklZd%2BbUuDTMblyDu7W4KbbDW1BGVFOx7%2BA6Ms1D3bYvEGjXosJGcb1HrE8ed6MpycSUsG97JweXXFgA%3D%3D' failed: Error in connection establishment: net::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID Failed when connecting: Connection closed (code: 1006) app.js?ver=1.1.0-1:9387

I've tried importing certificates, which doesn't seem to do anything (when it comes to certificates doesn't surprise me).

https://dannyda.com/2020/05/15/how-...-web-browser-etc-failed-to-connect-to-server/

There has got to be a better way to trouble shoot this issue and a fix that doesn't involve certificates (that don't work).

There has got to be a better way to trouble shoot this issue and a fix that doesn't involve certificates (that don't work).

Depends also heavily on the used OS on which Chrome runs, because of different SSL certificate store implementations.

What helped in my certificate problems after changing the certificate was always solved by restarting the browser.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!