[SOLVED] TASK ERROR: storage 'data01' does not exists

Jonathan.parsy

Jan 7, 2020
Jerusalem
Hi,
i've removed a test disk where i had several vm's
i have two different problems

1. on two of them i had no backup and i just want to get rid of them, but when i try to delete the vm from the left pannel i get this: TASK ERROR: storage 'data01' does not exists
2. on three of them i made a backup just before removing the disk, i restored the three backups, for on of them it copied me the vm on a new storage and it seems to work (at least windows got up), but on the two others i got this:
Code:
Virtual Environment 6.0-4
Rechercher
Machine Virtuelle 901 (2012dc) sur le nœud proxmoxjerusalem
local
qemu-901-
Vue Serveur
Journaux
()
restore vma archive: lzop -d -c /var/lib/vz/dump/vzdump-qemu-901-2020_01_06-13_57_44.vma.lzo | vma extract -v -r /var/tmp/vzdumptmp5449.fifo - /var/tmp/vzdumptmp5449
CFG: size: 467 name: qemu-server.conf
DEV: dev_id=1 size: 107374182400 devname: drive-ide0
CTIME: Mon Jan  6 13:57:45 2020
TASK ERROR: command 'set -o pipefail && lzop -d -c /var/lib/vz/dump/vzdump-qemu-901-2020_01_06-13_57_44.vma.lzo | vma extract -v -r /var/tmp/vzdumptmp5449.fifo - /var/tmp/vzdumptmp5449' failed: storage 'data01' does not exists

F.I. I've tried for the first point to delete the .conf file, it's not in there...

thx for your help

hi,

you removed a storage which contained the disks for those VMs, so you can't remove the VMs without detaching the disks from them first.

on the GUI, go to VM -> Hardware

find the disks which use data01 storage. click on them, then press the 'Remove' button

afterwards you should be able to destroy the virtual machines

if the storage data01 does not exist, and you just want to get rid of the CT/VM, do the following:

rm /etc/pve/lxc/CTID.conf (if container) or rm /etc/pve/qemu-server/VMID.conf (if vm), where CTID and VMID are the ID of your guest.

afterwards: pct rescan && qm rescan to rescan the disks

NOTE: be sure that you don't need any of these guests later, because without the disk and the config file (or a valid backup) it will be impossible to restore

Oh yes...
they were containers that's why i din't find them in /etc/pve/qemu-server/

thank you for your help

any idea for my second problem?

FI: i did it...
if the disk upon wich was the vm has been removed, just restore it fom the storage where the backup is and not from the backup that is in the vm details
that's it
thx to me lol

Reactions: oguz
FI: i did it...
if the disk upon wich was the vm has been removed, just restore it fom the storage where the backup is and not from the backup that is in the vm details
that's it
thx to me lol
Could you please describe in more detail what you mean by "restore it from the storage where the backup is"?
I'm having the same problem.

Could you please describe in more detail what you mean by "restore it from the storage where the backup is"?
if you go in the GUI to your VM, and select Backup on the left menu, you should see the available backups for that VM; but only on the storage/disk that is selected on the top right of the toolbar with the buttons above.

if you go in the GUI to your VM, and select Backup on the left menu, you should see the available backups for that VM; but only on the storage/disk that is selected on the top right of the toolbar with the buttons above.
Yes, I know that.
What I didn't understand is, what Jonathan meant by "restoring to the disk on which the backup is".
It seemed like you are able to change VM configuration while restoring it (change disk location etc.)
And I still don't get it but nevermind, I solved my issue differently, thank you.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!