/dev/mapper/disk01 over iscsi not listed under DISKS on proxmox node

Jun 28, 2019
Hi,

I just configure a LUN-DISK over iscsi locally on proxmox node using multipathd and open-iscsi tools, but the disk does not appear under DISKs tab on proxmox gui.

over ssh, I can see the LUN normally listed at /dev/mapper/disk01, can create PV,VG, etc... but cant see the disk listed under DISKs tab on GUI.

I'm using proxmox 6.0-12

Hi,
you first need to tell PVE about the new storage. In the GUI it's under Datacenter > Storage > Add > iSCSI. Or you can use 'pvesm add' if you prefer the command line. Here is the documentation (section 8.12 or 8.13).

Ok, I see what you mean now. Yes, we do not show iSCSI disks there. These are the local disks on the node in question.

Depends on what you want to do with the disk. If the iSCSI Storage is configured in PVE, then it and its LUNs will show up in the relevant drop-downs in the GUI (for example when creating a hard disk for a VM). And if the disk you use for iSCSI is from another node in the cluster, it will show up as a local disk for that node. Otherwise I'm afraid you need to use the CLI.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!