Replica between Proxmox and Hyper-V

odelh

Oct 10, 2019
Hi there,
I'm soory if my english is notso good.

We have a Hyper-v under Windows Server 2012 R2 and 2016 Standard

I would like to know if it is possible to configure a replication of vm which are hosted in Hyper-V towards Proxmox and reverse?

And then, in case of crash of a vm inHyper-V (or in case of crash of Hyper-V itself) the possibility to start the vm from proxmox?

Thanks a lot
have a nice day :)

Olivier

AFAIK windows does offer some sort of server-to-server replication for recent server versions.

Yes it's (in French) hyper-v replication.
Do you know if it is compliant with proxmox :
-proxmox hosted VM replicated to hyper-V
-Hyper-v hosted VM replicated to Proxmox

I would have a hyper-v host on the one hand, and a proxmox host on the other side

Many thanks

Do you know if it is compliant with proxmox :
-proxmox hosted VM replicated to hyper-V
-Hyper-v hosted VM replicated to Proxmox
Of course NOT, Hyper-V and Proxmox VE are two different hypervisor stacks. While both can run the same OS in VMs they achieve this in different ways. What Tim probably meant, was to sync inside the VM from one VM to another VM.

Of course NOT, Hyper-V and Proxmox VE are two different hypervisor stacks. While both can run the same OS in VMs they achieve this in different ways. What Tim probably meant, was to sync inside the VM from one VM to another VM.
Well, I understand.
Then, If tim could explain a little further. I don't see which way it could sync that way.

Thanks

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!