Intermittent Connection to shell/console

Oct 28, 2018
Hi all, I recently got a Hetzner server installed with proxmox. Unfortunately straight away from the clean install I keep getting disconnected from the shell/console each few seconds.
When I go to the cluster log I see pvedaemon there every couple of seconds. It starts a task to auth, then says successful auth for root and then it ends the task. The cycle repeats constantly.

It's also important to note that when i SSH into the machine I have absolutely no issues.

the only times i saw that (and it was fixed), it was caused by the network or browser

Alright so I've been going through a lot of attempts to try and fix this. Still nothing.
I have tried different browsers (my chrome works for one of my clusters just fine) and also incognito mode.
With regards to the network, I set a ping command to run for my duration of trying and there's 0% packet loss (not sure if this means anything but it was a way I thought I can check network)
1. My hostname was "Proxmox", so my node was named Proxmox. I assumed that may be a problem so I did a fresh install with a different name, Proxmox1 for example and it seemed to work. Then after first CT creation it started happening again.
2. Now I have a new fresh install, similar hostname but I also disabled IPV6, still nothing.

From the logs, what seems to be the line that's related to this may be:
"problem with client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx; ssl3_read_bytes: tlsv1 alert unknown ca"
After looking around in the forum I tried to update my certs with "pvecm updatecerts --force" and still, I'm having the same issue.
Any ideas? Would really appreciate some help

no - I meant 'client certificates', which your browser uses to authenticate with certain websites/webapps - these are installed in your browser not on your PVE-node

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!